22 music bloggers strong (so far). We are the paper crane collective…

Hello & welcome to the latest and greatest and most awesomest version of tsururadio ever!  I think this makes tsururadio version 4.0, paper crane collective 2.0, but really… who’s counting? All I know is things done change. Change is good. Hope and change. Can you spare some change?

This ain’t just some new theme, though I do love the new layout, and no, this ain’t some kind of re-branding… this is something completely different.

You see…  something’s been bugging me for a little while. I’d say since later last year, and you may have noticed it in some of the posts, I’ve been questioning the point of this whole music bloggerin’ thing.  I love music and I love writing about music, but when the twitters & facebooks are swarming with the exact same thing I was swarming about, AND with our nudiezine taking more and more of my time and heart, I felt like a change was needed… It was time to either do something different & special, or hand Ari, Martin, & Dorice their iPinkslips and pull the plug on ye ol’ blog.

Ari & I got to talking and before you know it, a spark lit up in the ether between our too pooters and we were set into action!

The plan?  Take our beloved paper crane collective of misfits to a entirely new level.  It was time to take this community of music bloggers that we all know and interact with and build a community blog!  A blog where music geeks from around the world can come and jibber on about the topic of their choice during the time slot of their choice. Weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly, it didn’t matter, but it we’d each have our times & days where we could jibber on about an old fave that made us music geeks in the first place, rant against the horrible trends in the industry, share our favourite posts on our individual sites, host a music video dance party, talk about those bands that just don’t fit on their day blogs, whatever they wanted.  It was a time & a place where they can be as free to do and say as new born fucking baby.

About a week later, we have 22 music bloggers from all over this relatively tiny little Earth ready to, as they say, rock & roll!!  In no particular order:

Selomé aka Danger from dipped in dollars

Kyle from Those Who Dig

Lydia from Sunset In The Rearview

and from tsururadio…..

Dorice’s Profound Broccoli

Martin’s Peanut’s Playground

Ari’s Some Times

and me.. Aaron!

So what does all this mean???  It means, pretty much every day you’ll have a different voice from a group of the amazing and varied music bloggers in the information super highway of interconnect love canals!  From Dorice’s Profound Brocoli to Slowcoustic’s Sad Bastard Sunday and 20 other bloggers (so far) in between.  Sure, some of friends above will move on, some more will join us, our numbers will grow & shrink, but we think there’s a different way to bring the music geek community together, something outside the social networks & white noise bloggery.

Here’s the latest draft as of last night of the program schedule (we got a couple more tweaks before it’s finalized-finalized), “week 1” start today!

Click the schedule for a big version

THAT’S blog 2.0 — suck it gawker! lol

AND………………………………………… I have another announcement.  Obviously, this is not “my blog” anymore…  But, beyond the collective, I’d like to formally introduce Ari as not only a writer & contributor, but now as the editor-in-chief of tsururadio.com!

I am still the owner & of course I will be contributing (my day is Fridays), but Ari will be managing our collective egos, freeing me up to give tsurufoto & our deliciously sinful nudiezine all the time & attention it needs.

I think that’s it!  I hope you are as excited as I am.  Cuz…. I’m really fucking excited! Now how about a little music, eh?

REM’s Radio Free EuropeSeemed kinda fitting, no?

19 comments for “22 music bloggers strong (so far). We are the paper crane collective…

1. February 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM

2. February 28, 2011 at 7:02 AM

Well gee. I guess this is what I miss out on when my life gets sucked up by dance team.

3. Jason
    February 28, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I’m really glad that you didn’t totally pack up your bags but this change makes me nervous. You’re my favorite music blogger by far. That said, I really liked the way that things were around here. No disrespect meant. Of course I’m gonna stick around and see if I can adapt to the changes or if I’ll have to go the way of the dodo.

Will we still have an area to share links to download new music?

4. NEIL
    February 28, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Go Ari!!!

I’m a bit sad, but also eager to see how this all plays out. So long as I can still shove a mixtape or two down yer throats, I can’t complain!

I think some time will be good for papa Tsuru. But I also think that we’ll be seeing you more than just once a week…amirite? Yeah, I’m right. You love this place too much! :)

5. Hainezee
    February 28, 2011 at 10:51 AM

This collaboration sounds great! I love The Recommender, so let’s hope the rest of you are up to that standard!:)

6. February 28, 2011 at 11:09 AM

i just want to say i love this blog, and i’m glad you’re not going anywhere. the collabos sound awesome :D xo

7. welistenforyou
    February 28, 2011 at 8:40 PM

RT @tsururadio: On @TSURURADIO 22 music bloggers strong (so far). We are the paper crane collective… – http://tsururadio.com/2011/02/we-are-the

8. arimyg
    February 28, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, the future has arrived. [On @TSURURADIO We are the paper crane collective…] http://tsururadio.com/2011/02/we-are-the

9. February 28, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Did you hear the news??? @tsururadio —– 22 music bloggers strong (so far). We are the paper crane collective… – http://tsururadio.com/2011/02/we-are-the

10. LOOSELIPSmik
    February 28, 2011 at 10:51 PM

@tsururadio sad that you’re retiring(-ish), but glad to see ur keeping the site alive and broadening horizons. looks like it will be great.

11. 5ScorePachyderm
    February 28, 2011 at 11:12 PM

RT @tsururadio: Did you hear the news??? @tsururadio —– 22 music bloggers strong (so far). We are the paper crane collective… – ht …

12. hihosylvia
    March 1, 2011 at 1:25 AM

13. February 28, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Only time will tell if this works

14. March 1, 2011 at 2:30 AM
  15. tadpoleaudio
    March 1, 2011 at 2:31 AM

RT @tsururadio: music is love. http://tsururadio.com/2011/02/we-are-the… #pcc

16. February 28, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Hey guys… thanks so much for all the amazing (and nervous) comments. I hope no matter what happens in the future of this little bloggy blog that you’ll know we kept it reals, kept it true, and followed our heart.

It may fail miserably. But I love failure. Some of the best things I’ve ever done have crashed & burned in blaze of glory. It’s through failure we move on. So…. no matter the outcome, it’s worth the go!

Love love love,
    Aaron aka Tsuru

17. March 1, 2011 at 2:40 AM

@LOOSELIPSmik no retiring… just expanding my horizons, following my passions, and still bloggerin’ about music here and there! ;)