TSURURADIO Presents… And She Was Born In A Bottle Rocket, 1929 Mixtape!!!

Photography “Born In A Bottle Rocket” by Tsuru, Model by Isabella Misery

Well it’s time for the weekend.  Finally, right?  Can I get a high-five?

What you doing this weekend?  Looks like more snow here, so my riding will be relegated to The Tank.  BUT, if that good lard’s a-willin’ and the creeks don’t rise, Tuck and I will be driving out the route for April 3rd Super Awesome NO-FRILLS Bike Ride for Breast Cancer!

Keep an eye out for an update for a start location and route if all goes well!

I’m so excited for the ride.  No idea how many will show up.  But even it’s just a handful of people, it’ll be great and, of course, SUPER AWESOME!  Haha!

Okay…  got a little Friday mixtape for you today.  Kept it old school, just built a nice collection of songs in the order I’d like to hear them.  No “mixing”, no necessity for gapless play (though, I recommend it anyway because, well, those 2 sec gap things are just stupid).

This one was inspired by so many things.  Matt obsessing over Rural Alberta Advantage, gud giving us a Tom Waits New Orleans song down in the Society, catching Velvet Underground in a movie the other night, or like when Colin Meloy was having his mind blown by Besnard Lakes. Just little things like that, “Ghost”, of course, appears due to the photo at the top of this post, plus our discussion of The Greatest Song Trilogy Of All Time, & my desire to have the lyric tattooed on my arm ASAP.

So yeah, it’s the little things that seemed to hook onto me, latching to my brain.  Feels good, feels right.  And after all this #musicblogocide2k10 madness going, I wanted to end this week on a good note.  So, I’ll shut up and let’s just get to it.

Have a wonderful weekend, bundle up, and keep riding!  Oh, and by the way, got a “special valentine’s day” treat for you this weekend, well, maybe more of an anti-valentine’s day treat, by way of our good friend Neil.  Keep an eye out, should be ready by Sunday!!!  Okay, let’s do this as…

And She Was Born In A Bottle Rocket, 1929!!!

Full Zip – REMOVED.  Sorry kiddos, Broken Bells has hired the Web Sheriff to make sure you don’t hear the album until they are good and ready.

01 The High Wire – The Midnight Bell

12 The Besnard Lakes – Chicago Train
13 Electric President – Mr. Gone
14 Clem Snide – Forgive Me, Love
15 Velvet Underground – Pale Blue Eyes
16 The Ruby Suns – Oh, Mojave
17 She & Him – In the Sun
18 Broken Bells – Citizen – REMOVED via Web Sheriff request.  Please insert you own more-awesome track here & enhance this mixtape by 10%.  Thanks!!
19 Neutral Milk Hotel – Ghost
20 Tom Waits – I Wish I Was In New Orleans

WOOT!  Hear something you like?  Go to your local record shop and buy it, dammit.

11 comments for “TSURURADIO Presents… And She Was Born In A Bottle Rocket, 1929 Mixtape!!!

1. February 12, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Excellent new mix tape from @tsururadio available here: http://tr.im/NUul

2. February 12, 2010 at 3:10 PM

3. February 12, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Another great mix, Tsuru. :D

4. February 12, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Have you seen Rocket Science? Eef Barzelay of Clem Snide did the soundtrack for it.

5. February 12, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Thanks Amelia! No, but I heard about it…. is it good??

6. Neil
    February 12, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Likes it!

That cover is epic. Give the Tsurufoto people a raise! ;)

7. February 12, 2010 at 11:30 PM

RT @TSURURADIO: TSURURADIO Presents… And She Was Born In A Bottle Rocket, 1929 Mixtape!!! http://bit.ly/dwyYz9

8. February 13, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Well…I liked it. It’s one of those quirky awkward movies where you just want to hide your face because you are so embarrassed for the characters.

In other words, it was fabulous.

9. February 14, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Can’t wait for Broken Bells. <3 James Mercer

10. February 15, 2010 at 6:33 AM

Who You Gonna Call
    Tel 44-(0)208-323 8013
    Fax 44-(0)208 323 8080

Hi Tsuru,

On behalf of Columbia Records, Monotone and Broken Bells, we would kindly ask you not to post copies of “Broken Bells” / the eponymous album on your site (or any non-preview tracks from Broken Bells’ new album – street date 9th March and ‘Host Listed’ by Billboard for 2010).

We do appreciate that you are fans of / are promoting Broken Bells, but the label, management and artists would greatly appreciate your co-operation in removing your links to the pirate files in question.

Thank you for respecting the artists’ wishes and, if you / your readers want good quality, non-pirated, preview tracks, then full length versions of “The High Road” and “Vaporize” are available for fans and bloggers to link to / post / host etc at http://www.brokenbells.com … .. For further details of the new album, special pre-orders, on-line promotions, videos and 2010 shows, check-out the official site, as well as the artists’ MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/brokenbells and YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/brokenbells … .. keep an eye on these official sources for details of further news, preview material and on-line promotions and check-out the official video for “The High Road” – out now.

With Thanks & Regards,