It’s been a big week, so I thought we should take this Friday afternoon to look back at the week that was, and the weekend that is to be, just in case you missed it and your scroll wheel’s broke.
- On Monday we took on (and spanked) The 405 as we represented Canada in our first ever Mixtape Battle!
- Tuesday & Wednesday saw features on Brooklyn’s The Fiery Furnaces and Louis Garneau’s potential relative Chris Garneau, who’s quirky take on music set us up nicely for today’s Dirty Projectors discussion…
- Thursday was HUGE as we dropped 75 songs coming in at over a half-gigabytes of 2009 songs in a collection called Are We Having Fun Yet? FUCK YEAH!!!!
- All this was booked marked with our normal assortment of videos & tsuruloosies that happened to catch our eyes and ears, respectively…
Tsuru And The Bride Updates & Events:
- Baby’s been a busy bird as she’s getting ready for this weekend’s Comfest! She, along with 4 other crafty peeps, will have a Etsy Team Columbus booth, probably along Park St. but at the festival. Come visit her, say “allo!”, and who knows, maybe buy a clutch or two or three….
- I’ve been busy with TSURUFOTO, setting up shoots with three new models, shooting a artist friend’s work Saturday, and posting two new prints in the shop. You can get all the deets over at Tsuru And The Bride!
- Tsuru Tsycling (i.e. Tucker and myself) will be racing in the Tour De Grandview on Sunday! This is my first race, so I’m in the Category 5 twelve mile event (a one mile loop through Grandview, twelve laps). We’ll be the guys in our national jerseys representing Austria & Canada (GO RED & WHITE!), so after you hit Comfest, come on over & root us along!!!
Beyond Tsuru Land:
- The “it comes in threes” thing continues unabated as we see Ed McMahon, Farah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson call it quits and move on to join the folding & unfolding quantum universe.
- Portugal. The Man’s The Satantic Satanist and La Roux’s self-titled album leaked out.
- People turned their Twitter avatars green, and not for the environment. Not sure what it did, but if one person in Iran felt stronger because of it, then it’s worth it.
There you go, you are up to date! Have a great weekend, I’d imagine Sunday I’ll be able to get a little vinyl up, if the good lard’s a-willin’. So, until then….