Today’s post will be short, but MIND-BLOWING (I’m a busy boy who feels like making an impact). Master Mixologist (and beloved Society member) birdantony has done it again! Not only did he create an awesome new mixtape, but he did following a fantastic idea! Enamoured with the music pouring out this year, birdantony built a sort of “compare & contrast” of an artists’ work now versus something they’ve done in the past.
Sounds simple enough, right? But here’s the difference….
Not only does birdantony have the ability to come up with a brillaint idea/theme/etc, but, as we all know, it’s the execution that matters most, and not many people put the time, care, love, & tenderness into crafting a mixtape like our man, bridantony. It’s actually because of him, I was able to start building my mixtapes (and podcasts for that matter) as I’ve always dreamed!
So here we are, ten amazing artists looking into the mirror at themselves, yet… we get to be the judge. Good times…. Amazing job, birdantony! Why don’t you go show him some love over at his blog Almost Blue In Reverse, he’s gotta lot more love over there to share with you!
Okay, gotta run, gotta make a bunch of people happy, so until next time, enjoy as…TSURURADIO Proudly Presents…
Birdantony’s 2009 vs. The Past Mixtape!!!
NOTE: PLAY GAPLESS!!!
01. ANIMAL COLLECTIVE – In The Flowers
02. ANDREW BIRD – Oh No!
03. ELVIS PERKINS IN DEARLAND – Shampoo
04. ANTONY & THE JOHNSONS – Aeon
05. GRIZZLY BEAR – Southern Point
06. BONNIE ‘PRINCE’ BILLY – You Are Lost
07. BEIRUT – La Llorona
08. THE NATIONAL – So Far Around The Bend
09. AFTERHOURS – Il Paese E’ Reale
10. THE DECEMBERISTS – The Hazards Of Love IV
(a mirror from the past)
11. THE DECEMBERISTS – The Crane Wife III
12. AFTERHOURS – E’ Solo Febbre
13. THE NATIONAL – Fake Empire
14. BEIRUT – Postcards From Italy
15. BONNIE ‘PRINCE’ BILLY – Strange Form Of Life
16. GRIZZLY BEAR – Knife
17. ANTONY & THE JOHNSONS – Spiralling
18. ELVIS PERKINS -While You Were Sleeping
19. ANDREW BIRD – Sovay
20. ANIMAL COLLECTIVE – Did You See The Words?
Go show all these artists ALL your love, especially at your local record shop, they need your lovins too… Now, I challenge you! Yes, YOU!!! To come up with your own 2009 v. the past mixtape, if you think got the ouevos, just join up in the society and post it (or hell, post it over on Facebook, we’ll make it work) now!!!